This course has been approved by the State of Florida Department of Health and meets CHAPTER 64E-28 educational requirements that satisfy Florida state statute sections 381.00771-381.00791.
STATE OF FLORIDA
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
CHAPTER 64E-28, FLORIDA ADMINISTRATIVE CODE
64E-28.006 Education Course Requirements.
(1) The course shall meet the following criteria:
(a) Utilize a classroom-based
(b) Be specific to the tattoo industry.
(c) Be a minimum of three (3) hours in length, excluding the examination.
(d) Include an opportunity for interactive questions and answers with the person conducting the training.
(e) Include, at a minimum, education and training on blood-borne pathogens,
- such as human immunodeficiency virus
- hepatitis A, B, and C,
- Staphylococcus aureus
- methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus
- molluscum contagiosum
- herpes simplex
- herpes zoster
- prevention of such transmission.
This information shall include:
1. Identification of the disease;
2. Identification of the infectious agent;
3. Mode of transmission;
4. Incubation period;
5. Period of communicability; and
6. Prevention of transmission in a tattoo setting.
(f) Be followed by a written examination covering the materials in the course. The examination shall contain a minimum of fifty (50) questions with a passing score of at least seventy percent (70%).
(g) Ensure identity verification and validation for each student taking the classroom course and test.